welcome welcome welcome and such..

welcome to my AS media project blog, this blog will be my "diary" of the whole year and the progress i make.
i hope it's up to standards and i know i'll enjoy putting it together, as much as you enjoy reading it maybe? ;p

mmm..

mmm..

Friday, February 26, 2010

What Can I Learn From The Bloopers?


I thought I'd add the bloopers on, as a learning tool - because despite how it appears, i learnt a lot from all the things that went wrong - These being just some of them.

Clip One (Actor bangs arm)
Clip Two ( Zana points at plane)
Clip Three (Zana false grin)
Clip Four (Tripod Antics)
Clip Five (Lamp falls on Zana)
Clip Six (Dancing Frog Girl)

(Clips 1 and 5) Coordinate exactly what happens on screen.
It would be sensible also for continuity, to plan out exactly what the actor does, this way continuity flows and the actor cannot hurt themselves via stepping too far forward. It was my mistake that i did not position the lamp switch close enough to Zana and she pulled it off, the next shot i positioned the switch so it was easy to reach and the shot worked.

(Clip 2 and 3) similar to the last point, my actor must have motivation, the must have something to work with during a shot. The first shot i took i told Zana just to walk and talk to me, this failed (as you can see in the Blooper) as we had mind blanks, so i gave her the motivation that she "wanted to tell me something" but "i had to go" and the shot worked because we had some audio to work with and the body language matched (which is what we needed). Same with clip three, i said to Zana "grin" but i wanted a sly grin, she gave me manic :'') so i have to specify, this was the same with my brother - i wanted a shadow disappearing as the FF appeared and asked him to stunt double run (Zana's half-hearted, looking around her, hurried walk) and he SPRINTED because i didn't specify.

(Clip 4 and 6) Being professional isn't majorly important but pick an actor who knows the severity of the scene, or the deadline, because at times the focus can be lost on both sides :')
Zana mucked around sure, but she got the job done too.

Also.. in Clips 1 and 5, Zana actually hurts herself. Now it is vital that precautions are taken when filming, we must identify any dangers and work to avoid/prevent them. In my case I made sure Zana stepped on a certain spot as to not hit her elbow and I placed the lamp switch in close range so she needn't reach for it.

And i almost forgot to mention a great complication in filming. As the door was frequently opened in my room by Zana during filming, the lovable mongrel native to my room was understandably confused to why she was removed and locked in the kitchen, and so snuck out and came into the room during filming on multiple occasions.
Solution was to put her outside during filming so she couldn't sneak back in, it's important to eliminate ( in a nice way ) or avoid the public, be it people on the street or animals.
Luckily Cassie was welcomed back after filming (:

x


No comments:

Post a Comment