welcome welcome welcome and such..

welcome to my AS media project blog, this blog will be my "diary" of the whole year and the progress i make.
i hope it's up to standards and i know i'll enjoy putting it together, as much as you enjoy reading it maybe? ;p

mmm..

mmm..

Monday, February 22, 2010

Test shots

On Sunday 14th, me and my actor set out to take a couple, few-second shots with the camera.
The first shot was using the street lamp light alone, i felt this was very effective as you could visibly see shadows cast across my actor's face from the street lamp but everything else was very black and difficult to decipher.
In the second shot we made use of "night vision" on the camera, this was very effective as it made the surroundings a lot clearer and again shadows were visible on my actor's face (shadows cast fitting Film Noir lighting techniques) but when my actor was close to camera, it was as if a torch was being shone directly into her face, and her eyes were brightened by the night vision light so if felt this would ruin the closer shots.
This light test i found was very helpful and i decided that using the camera alone (...without night vision) would be the most beneficial to my OTS as lighting techniques and my actor's facial expressions are more important in comparison to seeing the character's surroundings.


No comments:

Post a Comment